February 12, 2005

Rock N' Bowl !!

Very rarely do I get swept up in a moment, but this one was memorable. My old high school pals and I met up in the city of New Orleans, a simply magical city if you deviate from Bourbon Street. We went to MidCity Lanes, an amazing piece of American culture that seems to have been frozen for 30 years.


We downed some cheap beers, listened to the live music and hit the lanes. After a while, all I could remember was the blaring sound of ACDC's "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" and we somehow found ourselves in a heated competition against the girls one row over from us. I think we lost, but simply a memorable night! I actually saw my friends dance!

MidCity Lanes (Rock N' Bowl)
is not located in the most decent neighborhood, but trust me, it is well worth the visit on a late Saturday night.

2 comments:

naughtygirl said...

i love to bowl. its so much fun i think. lol. especially glow bowling. im not very good,but i have fun. thanks for the visit!!

kato said...

Man, that was a great comment.. I truly enjoyed hearing of your experience. Funny, when I was there, I was thinking that things like that happened there. More blown opportunities for romance! I agree, the formula for romance CAN be filled with beer, smoke and 80s rock! Yea, it is magical. I can't believe how good you were at a young age.. funny, even now an 80 is the threshold I try to beat.. what happens to us good sir?